We have state of the art clinical pathology, in-house. Here, we do diagnosis of disease based on the laboratory analysis of blood, urine, stool, or tissues using chemistry, microbiology, haematology and molecular pathology. We ensure that our lab follows best practices set by NABL so that the patients get the most accurate and reliable results. We are very conscious about our Values and Quality Management and in our continuing effort to upgrade the testing standards
Our lab is one of the few in the region that has been recognized by the National Accreditation Board of Testing and Calibration Laboratory. NABL is an autonomous body under the aegis of Department of Science and Technology of Government of India. NABL recognition implies that the lab follows best practices of pathology and thus ensures that the patients get the most accurate and reliable results.
This advanced technique of x-ray imaging uses special digital x-ray sensors which help in generating a much enhanced and better quality image that can be processed and digitally transferred immediately.
Digital radiography can be used for routine x-rays as well as for developing specialized images for abnormalities of the urinary system, kidneys, urinary bladder and ureter. This kind of radiological procedure is called Intravenous Pyelogram or IVP.
We offer the best digital x-ray services which give images and results on-screen within minutes. Our services include x-rays for the following;
- Spine AP/Lateral
Instructions for patients Undergoing Digital X-Ray Testing;
- Patients are requested to fast overnight and clear the motion, in case of lumbar x-ray, so that the image is clear.
- Patients will be asked to remove all jewellery and other metallic objects on their body, before going for the x-ray, as this may disrupt the images.
- Patients are also requested to carry their older x-rays and reports for comparison.
Ultrasonography (USG) or Diagnostic Sonography is an imaging technique based on ultrasound, used for visualizing the internal organs in the body.
Sonography is most commonly used for diagnosing conditions related to muscles, tendons, joints, vessels and other organs and is often coupled with other tests such as dual and triple marker tests. It is also used to detect the presence of any abnormalities or complications during pregnancy.
Some of the USG procedures conducted at Vedant Hospital include;
- Anomaly Scan
- Gravid Uterus
- Follicular Study
- Kidney & Urinary Bladder (KUB)
- Pelvis (With or Without KUB)
- Upper Abdomen
- Abdomen & Pelvis
Instructions for patients;
- Patients are requested to book an appointment first through our telephone numbers. While booking the appointment, they may be instructed to come fasting or with full bladder depending on the test.
- Patients are requested to carry their doctor’s prescription and previous reports with them when they come for the test.
Electrocardiography is nothing but the recording of the electrical activity of heart over a period of time by placing electrodes on an individual’s chest.
This procedure is used to detect a number of deformities of the heart, including arrhythmias, problems with the heart valves, coronary heart disease and more. Moreover, a cardiogram can also help in detecting a heart attack.
The electrocardiogram can be used to detect:
- Irregularities in your heart rhythm (arrhythmias)
- If blocked or narrowed arteries in your heart (coronary artery disease) are causing chest pain or a heart attack
- Structural problems with your heart's chambers
- A previous heart attack
- How well certain ongoing heart disease treatments, such as a pacemaker, are working. There is no prior preparation required for conducting an ECG and it is a fairly painless procedure.
An exercise stress test is used to measure and record the heart activity when an individual is subjected to physical stress. It is very commonly used to detect coronary heart disease, irregular heart rhythm, and other heart related problems.
Stress test is based on the fact that the heart pumps harder and faster during strenuous physical activity, which can be used as an indicator for detecting any abnormalities in the heart, which may otherwise not be apparent.
Instructions for the patients;
- Patients are requested to avoid long walks and exercises on the testing day.
- It is also advisable to only consume light breakfast before the test.
- Patients are also requested to wear comfortable, preferably loose clothing and sports shoes.
- If patients are on any anti-hypertensive medications, they are requested to take them in the morning or carry them when they come for the test, as per their doctor’s instructions.
2D Echo is nothing but the Sonography of the cross-dimensional structure of the heart to assess it’s form and function. It is used to detect any abnormalities in the functioning and structure of the heart, as each part is clearly displayed along with the valves.
It is a fairly non-invasive technique that gives a reliable diagnosis of the functioning of the heart muscles and valves.
Patients are requested to book an appointment in advance and carry their doctor’s prescription and previous test reports with them.
Mammography is a type of imaging test which uses low-intensity x-rays to detect any abnormalities in the breast. It is a primary screening test for detection of breast cancer. Mammography plays a very important role in early diagnosis of breast cancer, as it can detect any changes in the breast and identify the presence of lumps well before they can be felt on physical examination.
One of the advantages of choosing Vedant Hospital's diagnostic department for undergoing a mammography is the availability of additional tests such as USG, ultrasound guided FNAC and biopsy, which can help in affirmative diagnosis of breast cancer.
Instructions for patients;
- Book an appointment in advance and carry your doctor’s prescription and previous reports with you.
- Do not apply any cream, talcum powder or deodorant/perfume before the test.
- Do not wear any jewellery or metallic items during the test.
- Try and schedule the test a week after your menstrual period, as this is the time when your breasts are not likely to be tender.
Bone Mineral Density is the measurement of the mineral matter (calcium and other minerals) per square centimeter of the bones.
This test uses x-rays to estimate the amount of minerals present in one segment of the bone and is generally used in case of the bones of spine, hip and forearm. Higher the amount of minerals, denser and stronger the bones, therefore, less chance of fracture.
BMD is most frequently used for diagnosing Osteoporosis which is a major cause of brittle and fragile bones in women between the ages of 30-60 years.
The BMD test results are measured in the following manner;
- T-Score- An individual’s bone mineral density as compared to the peak bone mass in a normal young adult. This T-score is used for detection of Osteoporosis or low bone mass.
- Z-Score- An individual’s bone mineral density as compared to the peak bone mass in age-sex matched adult. This Z-score is used for determining any hidden cause of low bone density.
Instructions for patients;
- Book an appointment in advance and carry doctor’s appointments and previous reports with you.
- Do not take calcium or multivitamin supplements a day or two before the test.
- Do not wear jewellery or any metallic objects on your clothes during the test.